Can English/langauge arts, math, and science really relate to each other?
This modified Venn diagram groups student practices in each discipline to show the relationships and convergences found in the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics Practices, ELA Practices, and Science and Engineering Practices.
The Venn diagram shows clusters of practices and capacities that have similar tenets and/or significant overlaps in the student expectations. Practices and capacities have been placed within the disciplinary domains if there is not a significant overlap or relationship to another discipline.
Click HERE to read the full article that explains the ELA, Math, and Science and Engineering Practices and how they relate.
So, what are the ELA Practices?
- Demonstrate independence in reading, writing, and speaking.
- Develop a strong base of knowledge through rick texts.
- Research and report clearly and concisely in response to a task.
- Construct appropriate arguments and critique others’ reasoning.
- Read, write, and speak grounded in evidence.
- Use technology and digital media thoughtfully and competently.
- Understand others’ perspective and cultures through reading, listening, and collaborating.